Leading brands increase sales by up to eight percent and expand reach in over 70 countries with Infosys TradeEdge
Bangalore, India – December 9, 2013: Infosys today announced the launch of TradeEdge, an insights-driven sales platform which provides visibility to global brands across the demand chain – from distributors to consumers. The new platform delivers insights that help brands accurately sense and fulfill consumer demand while significantly improving sales and operational performance. A cloud-based platform, TradeEdge provides brands one of the most affordable ways to expand reach in the emerging markets.
TradeEdge has a range of innovative features that empower brands to:
- Enhance collaboration by allowing companies and distributors to exchange accurate and timely information related to sales, inventory, and products
- Expand reach by onboarding distributors rapidly in weeks rather than months, via a cloud-based ERP system, while rolling out best practices across markets within hours
- Improve product placement and maximize return on promotions through visual merchandising by providing insights into ‘share of shelf ’ at a fraction of audit costs
- Reduce wastage and returns of temperature-sensitive products with an innovative solution that monitors the temperature and location of cooling units
- Enable unserved retailers to order and pay for products in a cost-effective manner using basic mobile phones
- Reduce ordering costs by up to 80 percent with suggested orders that provide recommendations based on historical data and forecasts
- Minimize selling costs by helping the distributor sales force to prioritize store visits based on value, accelerate order acquisition, and increase store coverage by up to 15 percent
Sanjay Purohit, Senior Vice President and Global Head – Products, Platforms and Solutions, Infosys:
“For global brands, the next billion consumers will come from the emerging markets. To accelerate profitable growth, brands need to know these markets better, reach customers faster and do so at lower costs. Designed from the ground up for the emerging markets, Infosys TradeEdge is already helping 10 global brands gain visibility into sales opportunities of more than $20 billion in over 70 countries.”
Andy Walter, Vice President of Global Business Services, Procter & Gamble (P&G):
“Visibility into distributor demand is a key driver to accelerate growth in the emerging markets. P&G and Infosys co-created Distributor Connect, an end-to-end solution that helps us connect with our distributors and facilitates easy exchange of information. This has enabled us to gain significantly better visibility into our downstream supply chain, increase order fill rate and reduce non-productive inventory. We are glad to see Distributor Connect become a part of the new Infosys TradeEdge.”
- Watch the Infosys TradeEdge introductory video here
- Read the detailed brochure about Infosys TradeEdge here
- Download the Infosys TradeEdge infographic here
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We enable clients, in more than 30 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
Visit www.infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with $7.4B in annual revenues and 160,000+ employees, is Building Tomorrow’s Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in the United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013, and on Form 6-K for the quarters ended September 30, 2013. These filings are available at www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.
For further information, please contact:
Abhijith Karthikeya D
Phone: +91 80 41563373
Paul de Lara
Phone: +44 2075162748
Phone: +1 415.318.4399
Phone: +61 3 9860 2277