Bangalore, India – October 20, 2015: Infosys Finacle, part of EdgeVerve Systems, a product subsidiary of Infosys (NYSE: INFY), recently announced the winners of the 2015 Infosys Finacle Client Innovation Awards. Now in its second year, the awards recognize banks that leverage Finacle solutions to deliver breakthrough innovations in banking products, customer service, processes and distribution channels.
Infosys Finacle invited nominations across six categories, namely Product Innovation, Channels/Distribution Innovation, Customer Service Innovation, Process Innovation, Innovative Custom Components and Project Management. This year, Infosys Finacle received a total of 104 nominations which were judged on three criteria: degree of innovativeness (35% weightage), benefits reaped (40% weightage), and complexity of the initiative (25% weightage).
Commenting on the awards, Michael Reh, Executive Vice President and CEO (designate), EdgeVerve said, “The awards recognize banks who have accelerated innovation, created leading products and enhanced customer experience by leveraging Finacle solutions. This year, we received an overwhelming response and participation, which highlights how our clients are embracing breakthrough innovations quickly to take advantage of global technology shifts and deliver differentiated products and services, based on customers’ unique requirements.”
The following banks were adjudged winners of the 2015 Infosys Finacle Client Innovation Awards.
- Winner: ICICI Bank for ‘Pockets’ – A digital wallet that offers exciting features such as bill splitting, money transfer through WhatsApp/Facebook, and tap and pay.
- Punjab National Bank for ‘PNB Saksham’ – A deposit product that offers periodic payouts to enable regular income.
- Sampath Bank for ‘Sampath Cardless Cash’ – A product that enables cash withdrawal through ATMs without using the ATM card.
Customer Service Innovation
- Winner: ICICI Bank for ‘iWear’ – This next-generation app for all smartwatches offers transactional and informational services for simplified banking, and allows the customer to stay connected with his/her bank account at all times.
- Runner-up: The Cosmos Co-op. Bank Ltd for “Integrating Tally accounting software with internet banking” –The Cosmos Co-op. Bank Ltd observed that most of their corporate customers used Tally as their accounting software. Recognizing this, the bank developed an application for automating direct payments through Tally using the bank’s internet banking gateway.
- Standard Bank for “Smart App” – A smartphone app for Android and iOS devices, to be deployed across African operations to deliver smart digital experiences.
- ICICI Bank for ‘Twitter Banking’ – ICICI Bankpay is the first social media platform, in India and Asia, to provide money transfer facility through Twitter.
- Runner-up: Discover Financial Services for “Renewing core for transforming direct banking business” –Discover Financial Services estimates that they will realize a 65 percent decrease in its servicing cost-per-account with this transformation.
Innovative Customs Component Developed
- Winner: Bank of India for “Instant remittance from foreign countries” – Bank of India operates in 17 countries worldwide. The bank developed an innovative custom component to support customers across international locations to send remittance in INR to Indian (domestic) accounts through transfer, NEFT or RTGS payment modes.
- Runner-up: Bank Sohar for “Better Effective FX Position Management of Bank at Treasury” – Bank Sohar was confronted with the challenge of assisting customers to automating their dividends payment process and online monitoring. The bank leveraged Finacle Treasury solution to help achieve this by creating a unique custom component.
- Winner: Andhra Bank for “e-KYC” – Andhra Bank launched e-KYC to streamline the account opening procedure. The time taken to open an account is now less than two minutes.
- Ernakulam District Co-operative Bank for “Automated Loan Account Opening” – Ernakulam District Co-operative Bank has implemented automatic loan account opening via Finacle. The bank created a customized workflow to empower them to open a new account within 10 seconds.
- RBL Bank for “Inward Clearance from CTS Application” – The new Cheque Truncation System (CTS) at RBL Bank has been integrated with the Finacle signature verification to automate the cheque clearing process completely. This has helped the bank to increase efficiency and reduce manual dependencies.
Innovation in Project Management for Multi-country Transformation
- Winner: ING Bank for “Simplifying Multi-country Transformations” – ING has embarked on a massive exercise to transform its commercial banking operations in 28 countries, spread across three continents. Ireland was the first country to go-live, with nearly 85 percent of the project’s requirements were delivered using the out-of-the-box capabilities of Finacle.
Innovation in Project Management for Migration
- Winner: ICICI Bank for “Renewing Core to Accelerate Innovation” – ICICI Bank was recognized for managing one of the largest core banking migrations in the region flawlessly. The bank deployed multiple innovative program management practices to manage the migration within a window of 16 hours.
- Runner-up: State Bank of India for “Multi-country Migration” – SBI was recognized for the project management practices deployed to achieve upgrade of Finacle core banking solution across 20 countries in 19 months, leveraging agile implementation framework.
Innovation in Project Management for Single Country Transformation
- Housing Bank of Trade and Finance (HBTF) for “Transforming Legacy to Leadership” – The bank was recognized for its successful transformation to standardize several outdated manual processes with Finacle core banking, CRM & e-banking solutions.
- Bancolombia for ‘Legacy Transformation’ – Bancolombia is replacing its 30 years old legacy systems with Finacle. This includes the data migration of few hundred thousand mortgage loans running in Cobol and DB2 System and integration of Finacle with 36 legacy systems in different technologies using SOA approach. In addition to mortgages, the bank is also upgrading trade finance solution with Finacle.
- Runner-up: Emirates NBD for “Core Banking Transformation to Power Inorganic Growth” – As part of their growth plan, Emirates NBD Group acquired the Egypt operations of BNP Paribas. In line with the unified business and technology strategy for the group, the bank decided to upgrade all legacy systems to the standards of the Emirates NBD Group with the Finacle universal banking solution. The award recognized Emirates NBD’s program management capabilities to manage this complex migration.
About Infosys Finacle
Finacle is the industry-leading universal banking solution from EdgeVerve Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Infosys. The solution helps financial institutions develop deeper connections with stakeholders, power continuous innovation and accelerate growth in the digital world. Today, Finacle is the choice of banks across 84 countries and serves over 547 million customers – nearly 16.5 percent of the world’s adult banked population.
Finacle solutions address the core banking, e-banking, mobile banking, CRM, payments, treasury, origination, liquidity management, Islamic banking, wealth management, and analytics needs of financial institutions worldwide. Assessment of the top 1000 world banks reveals that banks powered by Finacle enjoy 50 percent higher returns on assets, 30 percent higher returns on capital, and 8.1 percent points lesser costs to income than others.
About EdgeVerve Systems
EdgeVerve Systems, a product subsidiary of Infosys (NYSE: INFY), develops innovative software products and offers them on-premise or as cloud-hosted business platforms. Our products help businesses develop deeper connections with stakeholders, power continuous innovation and accelerate growth in the digital world. We power our clients’ growth in rapidly evolving areas like banking, digital marketing, interactive commerce, distributive trade, credit servicing, customer service and enterprise buying.
Today, EdgeVerve products are used by global corporations across financial services, insurance, retail and CPG, life sciences, manufacturing, and telecom. Infosys Finacle, our universal banking solution, is the choice of financial institutions across 84 countries and serves over 547 million customers – nearly 16.5 percent of the world’s adult banked population.
Certain statements in this press release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements regarding our future business expectations intended to qualify for the ‘safe harbor’ under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in the United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015. These filings are available at www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of this date. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.
For further information please contact:
+91 80 4156 3998
Paul de Lara
+1 (650) 320 4126