One of the first mobile banking solutions in the world to offer mobile financial management and advisory services
Bangalore, London, Las Vegas – October 20, 2010:
- Infosys Technologies Ltd. announced the launch of Finacle mobile banking 2.0. This comprehensive solution enables retail and corporate consumers to access banking services through mobile SMS, GPRS, 3G and USSD-enabled handsets.
- The solution supports multi-host, multilingual, multi-channel, multi-currency banking. It facilitates interactive financial management encompassing product selection, proximity payments, remote deposit capture, new account opening, ATM/branch locating based on GPS and value added services like mobile ticketing, mobile top-up and mobile marketing.
- The solution’s robust integration framework enables seamless integration with disparate host systems, facilitating a unified, rich and intuitive user experience. Two factor authentication and encryption ensure fidelity of transactions.
- The device-agnostic solution supports over 8000+ mobile handsets including basic handsets and smart devices like iPhone, BlackBerry® smartphones1 and iPad. Customers can avail banking services through SMS messaging, browser-based mobile banking, rich client/download-based mobile banking or USSD messaging. In addition, the solution is channel agnostic and can be leveraged to fulfil transactions initiated across any other channel.
- Banks can also leverage Finacle mobile bank-in-a-box, which is a pre-configured and pre-integrated solution for easy and rapid mobile banking deployment in lesser than 30 days.
According to Haragopal Mangipudi, Global Head – Finacle, Infosys Technologies, “As channel innovation continues to be a strategic priority for progressive banks, mobile banking has truly come of age. Finacle mobile banking 2.0 enables banks to create and leverage game-changing opportunities, through the mobile channel, to build, deepen and institutionalize relationships with both customers and new emerging consumer segments.”
1Trademark BlackBerry® smartphones is owned by Research In Motion Limited and is registered in the United States and may be pending or registered in other countries. Infosys Technologies Limited is not endorsed, sponsored, affiliated with or otherwise authorized by Research In Motion Limited.
About Finacle™ Universal Banking Solution
Finacle from Infosys partners with banks to power-up their innovation agenda, enabling them to differentiate their products and service, enhance customer experience and achieve greater operational efficiency. This proven and effective framework for multi-disciplinary change, enables banks to shift their strategic and operational priorities.
Finacle solutions address the core banking, e-banking, Islamic banking, treasury, wealth management and CRM requirements of retail, corporate and universal banks worldwide.
Several powerful and differentiating features make Finacle one of the most comprehensive, flexible and scalable universal banking solution in its class. These solutions when associated with Finacle services empower banks to maximize their opportunities for growth, while minimizing the risks that come with large-scale business transformation. For more information, visit www.edgeverve.com/finacle
About Infosys Technologies Ltd
Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY) defines, designs and delivers IT-enabled business solutions. These solutions focus on providing strategic differentiation and operational superiority to clients. As on September 30, 2010 the Infosys group employed about 122,500 employees in over 50 offices worldwide. Infosys is part of the NASDAQ-100 Index and The Global Dow. For more information, visit www.infosys.com.
Infosys Technologies Ltd – Safe Harbor
Statements in connection with this release, include those concerning future operational opportunities may include forward-looking statements within the meaning of US Securities laws intended to qualify for the “safe harbor” under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties including those described in our SEC filings available at www.sec.gov including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended March 31, 2010, and our other recent filings, and actual results may differ materially from those projected by forward-looking statements. We may make additional written and oral forward-looking statements but do not undertake, and disclaim any obligation, to update them.
For further information, please contact:
Infosys Technologies Ltd, India
Infosys Technologies Ltd, UK
+44 0 207 715 3499
Infosys Technologies Ltd, USA
+1 213 622 4949, Ext 206