Bangalore – May 14, 2014: Infosys Finacle in partnership with its clients was recognized with five awards for banking excellence by The Asian Banker. With two awards each for core banking and channel solutions implementation and one award for its treasury management implementation, this recognition is further testimony to Finacle’s breadth of capabilities and proven expertise in helping 183 banks across 84 countries transform and grow.
- Best Core Banking Implementation Project in Africa for 2014 along with Equity Bank, Kenya
- Nine million Equity Bank customers can transact seamlessly across five countries as a result of Finacle’s successful multi-country upgrade from version 7 to version 10. Completed in 12 months, this upgrade helps the bank rollout offerings faster, explore new lines of business and deliver a superior banking experience to its customers
- Best Core Banking Implementation Award in the Middle East for 2014 along with RAK Bank and Oracle
- The inherent flexibility of the Finacle core banking solution allowed for it to be easily integrated with RAK Bank’s Islamic Banking solution running on a different system. This delivered a single view of customer data drawn from two different systems to the bank, minimizing risks and errors of manual interventions and enhancing employee productivity
- Best Self-Service Banking Project in the Middle East for 2014 along with Al-Hilal Bank
- Finacle’s Corporate e-banking solution enabled Al-Hilal Bank to provide the full range of real-time, e-banking services to its customers seamlessly without compromising security and no downtime
- Best Self-Service Banking Project in Africa for 2014 along with NMB Bank
- A successful upgrade to Finacle e-banking solution version 11 allowed NMB Bank to provide best-in-class internet banking experience with real-time, intuitive features. This has helped the bank increase revenues and response time while reducing transaction costs and operational overheads
- Best Treasury Management Project in the Middle East for 2014 along with Emirates NBD
- Finacle Liquidity Management solution provides Emirates NBD’s corporate customers a unified view of their cash flows and fund positions in all their accounts across its five legal bank entities. The bank’s corporate customers can now effectively manage their liquidity, account services and short term and long term investments on a single platform
Haragopal M, Senior Vice President and Global Head – Finacle, Infosys
“We are committed to delivering higher value by partnering with our clients. As revealed by a recent independent survey, 90 percent of the banks using Finacle commend it for improving customer experience, reducing transaction cost and accelerating innovative services while generating new revenue streams for agile growth. The Asian Banker Awards is a testimony to our collaborative approach and innovative solutions to transform the future of banking.”
The Asian Banker awards recognize the efforts of banks and technology providers in bringing superior banking products and services to their customers. Winners are selected by a panel of advisors, industry leaders, practitioners, and academics, based on in-depth submissions that exhibit new concepts, new technologies, and creative thinking. The awards program is designed to identify emerging best practices as well as to identify implementation goals and challenges from which other banks and vendors can learn.
- Read about the value customers derived from Finacle in the Finacle Business Value Articulation survey, with detailed case studies
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We enable clients, in more than 30 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
Visit www.infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with US$8.25 billion in annual revenues and 160,000+ employees, is Building Tomorrow’s Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements regarding our future business expectations intended to qualify for the ‘safe harbor’ under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in the United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013, and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended December 31, 2013. These filings are available at www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. In addition, please note that the date of this press release is mentioned at the beginning of the release, and any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of this date. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.
For further information, please contact:
+91 80 4156 4971
Paul de Lara
GolinHarris for Infosys, USA
+1 212 373 6020