Finacle, the universal banking solution from Infosys, was awarded the ‘Best Core Banking Technology‘ award for the second time in a row by a panel of 20 technology leaders from global banks. This recognition is part of the annual Innovation in Technology and Transaction Banking Awards 2013 organized by The Banker, a Financial Times publication. Finacle was chosen by the judging panel for its rich functionality and advanced service-oriented architecture.
The Banker’s Innovation in Technology and Transaction Banking Awards 2013 celebrates companies coming up with newer ways to assist financial institutions in serving their clients quickly and efficiently. They recognize innovative thinking in banking technology and its positive impact on the entire ecosystem, including operations, employees and customers.
The Infosys nomination was an independent submission by DBS Bank, a leading financial services group in Asia, headquartered in Singapore. The bank nominated Infosys following the successful implementation of Finacle in Singapore and its key markets across the region. This was part of the bank’s strategy to entrench its leadership with enhanced core banking product offerings, strengthen its technology platform by providing a standard operating model across the region and to consolidate multiple legacy platforms.
Infosys Finacle, the universal core banking solution, has been ranked as the global market leader in core banking systems, based on the highest number of deals won for the 12-month period ending June 30, 2013. The Big Leagues 2013: Core Platform Sales Ranking report took into consideration the sales performance of 15 global vendors based on a weighted score linked to bank size, geography and number of modules installed. Infosys Finacle scored the highest in terms of both number and aggregate value of deals won.
- Infosys Finacle received the XCelent Customer Base Award for its sales performance in Asia-Pacific and Western Europe
- Asia-Pacific has been the strongest geography for Finacle and is responsible for more than 60 percent of gross deals
- Western Europe proved to be another significant growth market for Finacle, accounting for almost 40 percent of the total deal value in the region
- Infosys Finacle is the only vendor in the report with consistent large multinational wins covering both Indian and international markets
Infosys was the winner of The Banker’s Innovation in Technology and Transaction Banking Awards 2013 for the best core banking technology.
Infosys Finacle was the winner of the Celent Model Bank Award 2013 for its core banking transformation program at Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC), The Philippines, and Kotak Bank, India.
Infosys Finacle was the winner of the Asian Banker Awards 2013 for:
- Best core banking project award for India – Ratnakar Bank
- Best core banking project award for The Philippines – RCBC